Friday, December 18, 2009

Im going to go get my hair highlighted in awhile, should I wash it first? Im kind of embarrassed because it?

gets oily so fast! And its pretty oily looking and im kind of paranoid....? Should i just suck it up and go or wash it?Im going to go get my hair highlighted in awhile, should I wash it first? Im kind of embarrassed because it?
No you shouldn't. The natural oils on your hair help protect it from the damaging chemicals used to reduce the color molecule. Washing it strips these oils away and cause it to be naked before the bleach is applied, or color in the event that it is going to be color highlighteded depending on your shade of hair. At any rate don't wash it, you will be stripping it of it's protection unnecessarily. As a hairdresser we have seen all kinds of hair and it is nothing to be embarrasseded about.Im going to go get my hair highlighted in awhile, should I wash it first? Im kind of embarrassed because it?
Technically you aren't supposed to wash it first but I usually do because my hair usually is standing straight up on end so I wash it so I am not embarrassed :)
wash n dry it
i wouldnt wash it simply because your hair will not get as damaged by the dye with greasy hair. Will protect it more.


And if you washed it you'd of washed it twice and then dyed it i mean your hair will be well dry.
I would think that they would do it at the salon, but maybe not. If my hair was bad I've washed it first knowing that they were going to wash it anyway. So who cares. Wash it if it will make you feel better. Better to feel good than embarrassed. Hope it turns out great!
  • live.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment