Saturday, December 26, 2009

I want to dye my highlighted hair back to normal brown. At the salon, will they just do a single process dye?

Or will she just put in lowlights? I'm not sure how this works.I want to dye my highlighted hair back to normal brown. At the salon, will they just do a single process dye?
I agree with Kristen's answer. I like the results from the salon when they use Redken Shades EQ. It is semi permanent and will nicely and gently cover over your highlighted hair. A few highlights may show through..it depends on how dark a color you and your stylist choose. It will leave a high shine and gloss over your hair, and will gradually fade out. It lasts about 2 months, but is an awesome product and will not further damage your hair. Ulta Salons do the EQ Shades (Redken).I want to dye my highlighted hair back to normal brown. At the salon, will they just do a single process dye?
It depends on what color you have other than the highlights. If it is lighter than the brown you are wanting, then it will be a single process, semi permanent color. If it is darker, they may choose to strip or bleach the dark color off and then do the semi permanent color.





If I were you, I would go with a brown around the same color as you have already. Easy on your stylist, easy on your hair. And the semi permanent color actually lasts as long as a permanent color on bleached hair.
It depends on how much lighter your highlights are from your natural hair color. If they are really light (or dark), the highlights will begin to show through whatever dye you use, or make the color result different than the one you want. Unless you have highlights close to your natural color, yes they can use a single process dye, but it will probably take more than one visit to get the results you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment