Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can you put highlights in hair at home that has been dyed black?

My daughter has dyed her hair black, now she wants highlights. I've always cut/colored my families hair, however she is starting to get all fancy on me.... lol. I need to know, if it can be done over black dye, and also what color to try or stay away from ( i dont want to turn her hair orange). And how to go about the process, do I need to strip the black from strips of hair first or what? Thanks for any help.Can you put highlights in hair at home that has been dyed black?
Not a good idea to try that at home. You should take her to a salon. They'll have to strip the black out of her hair and then dye it.Can you put highlights in hair at home that has been dyed black?
you can do it but there most likely gonna come out brassy. Everyone always told me nothing can lighten black hair dye but it does it just takes time to wash out a lil then you could do it but they will be more on the orange side
Bleach! Thats how I did it. I got a bleach kit at hot topic for $12. =] Good luck
im not really sure but i think you can bleach or dye the sections that you want to be highlighted and then put the highlights on them, thats what my friends sister did and it turned out great.


why dont you just take her somewhere and get it done.


but then again if you mess up you can pretty much start over!!
Once you die your hair black you can't use any other color. You first have to strip the hair of all it's color. Then you would go get kit that has color and highlights in one. That's cool you do your families hair but it could get messy and bad if you don't truly know what your doing. So maybe go to a salon even though the price does go up.


Hope I helped:^)
its going to be hard! n my experience it will either go a bit orange or completely white! give it a go then if it goes really wong the hairdressers can always rescue it! answer my question?

No comments:

Post a Comment