Thursday, December 31, 2009

Highlighted hair over a year ago, too damaged to donate?

I would love to donate my hair to locks for love (there is an event coming up) and I noticed on their site it says highlighted hair not accepted but to consult a stylist. So I'm wondering if a hair stylist can tell me if I highlighted it about a year and a half ago and colored it a year ago and have not treated since then, is it ok to donate? Does it strengthen with time? I use deep conditioner and repairing shampoo.Highlighted hair over a year ago, too damaged to donate?
They usually don't accept bleached hair due to the fact that bleached hair tends to fall out of the hair pieces that are sewn into the wigs, and bleached hair cannot be sold to offset the price of the wigs.





If your hair is not very damaged I suggest using a protein treatment or reconstructer that will strengthen the highlighted hair.Highlighted hair over a year ago, too damaged to donate?
Depending on how fast your hair grows, it may have grown out by now. I would definetely at least ask your stylist if they think that bleach has grown out and see what they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment