Friday, December 18, 2009

Should I use a box dye, over salon dyed and highlighted hair?

I want my base color lighter. I have dark brown hair, with blonde highlights. And my roots are coming back. I was thinking to get my roots touched up at the salon, then when I get home, I'd get a light brown box dye and dye my whole head. Would the highlights stay? I'm trying to save money for Christmas presents hahah.Should I use a box dye, over salon dyed and highlighted hair?
it would be best to go to a salon and have your hair done, but when you do your base colour you'll have to do your highlights as well as it wouldn't look right, but if i was you i would try doing it at home (but then again i'm a trained hairstylist) but try it if it dont work try going to a salon.





good luckShould I use a box dye, over salon dyed and highlighted hair?
Never dye your hair with a box!!! I dyed my hair with a box color kit and it was a disaster. You may spend more money on a salon coloring but you'll spend less on the one time coloring it well then fixing it if something goes wrong! Also when you dye your hair roots come in way darker than your used to.
I have done this before and your highlights will end up a different color than the base color if you don't mind that then use that box kit it is easier

No comments:

Post a Comment