Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What hair dye can I use if I have already highlighted my hair?

I have had my hair highlighted for years now but I have gone to Uni and don't have the time, money and don't know of a good salon nearby so I want to buy an over the counter hair colour.


I have not had it highlighted for about 2 months now and it has 2-3 cm of root. My hair has 3 shades in it, they are, blonde, brown, and a dark caramel colour. I want to go a light brown copper tone (like Mary Kate Olsen) using something like Loreal Experte.


So can I use an over the counter hair dye or must I go to the salon?What hair dye can I use if I have already highlighted my hair?
I am a hairsylist/makeup artist from dallas. DONT buy somehing from the grocery store. If you must do it yourself, I would suggest sallys. You control the color that way. Get something like a 7N and a 7BG, with a 10 volume devolper. Mix equal parts. This color would be a caramally pretty color! but still be in the blond family!What hair dye can I use if I have already highlighted my hair?
you can use any brand or color
to be the best bet, go to a salon, you dont want green hair or somethin. if you want an all over color then you may not get it from an over the counter product
Over the counter hair dyes are so much improved over the years that even a caveman can do it. (I'll probably get sued over copyright infringement-lawyers can't take a joke). I have ALWAYS used over the counter. Just put on an old t shirt and cover the floor with something. Be slow and easy your first time or you'll make a mess. If you are timid about doing this find a rinse (#1) instead of a permanent dye. You will be improving your hair by doing this-highlighting, stripping and all other chemicals you put on your hair is damaging. I just went back to my original haircolor, love it. I look like me. All of the good dyes have a conditioner package inside. Good Luck but you won't need it. PS. I brush my hair back, all of it, you can see in between the rows, run the tip through the rows and run a finger over it as you go-less running. I do the whole front and sides then throw my head over and do the back-then bring all of your hair up on top of your head and dye that part (the ends) then I go thru it all with a wide comb over the tub, of course this only applies if your hair is not short, if it's short it'll be a snap.

1 comment:

  1. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
    Copyright Infringement Lawyers

    ReplyDelete