Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hair Highlights for hair that is a copper/auburn/brown/blond mix?

I have a lot of colors in my natural hair color and want the highlights to match the tone but be different intensities. My stylist suggest a darker brown/copper (might be too dark) and a blonde that I feel is too light. I'd like to keep with the copper tones--I kind of feel like the straight colors in her book don't work since my hair is a unique mix of colors. 8 years ago a friend %26amp; stylist did my highlights and she would custom mix the colors, so I'm nervous to go to just anyone (I moved far away from my friend). Any tips on making sure I get a good set of colors for highlights?Hair Highlights for hair that is a copper/auburn/brown/blond mix?
Def. stick with a pro, don't try to do this yourself. Try to find a picture of what you want to better explain it to your stylist. I have highlights that i feel are very natural, and my stylist used a mix of 2 different shades of blonde. ( I have brown hair) Ask your stylist to show you 'the hair board'. Most salons have a board with all their dye colors on it and you can see all the different shades. When you decide on soimething, trust your stylist, it might look different on your hair than on the fake hair board. Once you find something that's perfect, they can document it for you so when you go back for a touch-up, they know exactly what they used.Hair Highlights for hair that is a copper/auburn/brown/blond mix?
OK I JUST WANTED TO SAYY: i was just like you. i was litterally begging my parents to let me get highlights, but i guess thats not the point for you. my point is, i wanted them so badly. same as ur colors[ myy mom just let me get blonde (i have brown hair) ] neways so i got them adn i loved them at first. but they are a lot of work. like every2-3 months u have to get ur roots done. i never got them re-done because after about a month, i HATED them. i died myy hair dark(non-permanent) just to get myy highlights to grow out. the same thing happened with alllllll of myy friends who followed me and got highlights. im not saying u shouldnt get them, because that idea is really cute, but im just saying they are a lot of work. and really expensive to keep getting them redone and stuff.
go to different hairdressers and see what they say, get them to do samples so you can have a good look.
I agree with madammeow..., call your friend/hairstylist and ask her exactly what she used on you. Your new stylist should be able to do the same or match real close. Best of luck!
You can call your your friend and ask her which brands/shades she used. Then you can tell your new stylist what they were and they should have a good idea of what to use.
sounds pretty cute to me i would go for it
Get the blonde out. Try a haircolor that will enhance the copper brown.
  • live.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment