Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can you highlight hair that is all natural and relax it later with out it breaking out?

I am african american and i have grown out my hair to its natural state. I have several curl texture through out my hair but for the most part i apply miss jessies products and do double strand twist and coils. When my hair was relaxed it would have some hightlights. but now my hair is so dark. i occasionall put a dark auburn rinse to give it some color and to cover a few grays. I would really like to find away to highlight a few strands through out my hair; but having the option of relaxing it later if i decided to go back that route. I am concerned about breakage. Is there a less harsher way to achieve this, also not have the brassy orangey look that you get when you highlight dark hair? years ago when iwas younger i had my hair relaxed but i did a process called luminizing ( I used ash blonde to kill the orange) and its was great, no breakeage, sublte highlights. i know i should go to a salon but i dont have the money to afford that. thats why i went natural so i could deal with itCan you highlight hair that is all natural and relax it later with out it breaking out?
Congratulations on being nature! Don't go back to the relaxer route. You can do a rinse or highlight but I highly recommend that you have a professional do one or the other. If you do the highlights, let a professional do your relaxer so they give you the right one with the right PH balance and a good deep conditioner. The truth is, if you color your hair and get a relaxer you are going to have breakage! There is no way around it. The chemicals thin out your hair and make them weak. Whatever you decided keep you hair moisturized with Shea butter or something natural and give yourself a deep conditioner with a cap at least every two weeks.


Play with non permanent highlights so you can change your look. Just remember anything permanent....is permanent and has permanent damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment